December 16, 2009

I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles... Don't I?

That’s what happens when you don’t update your blog for one month… You have way too many things to talk about!

I have been preparing this very long post about Barcelona vs Paris, but I will leave it for another day. Now I will dedicate a few words to you about Parisian weather.

Thanks to the Internet, I am following Catalan news, and it seems you are suffering a very very very bad cold wave in Catalunya. I hear expressions like “Siberian weather”, “emergency plans activated”, etc. etc. Even today somebody told me that it’s not comparable, that humid coldness (like in Barcelona) is much worse than dry coldness (like in Paris).

My dear loyal readers: no. In Paris we have right now between 5 and 10 ºC LESS than in Barcelona. For the last 72h we have NOT been over 0ºC. For the next four days we have a snow forecast, in the city of Paris! I say this because usually in winter it snows in Île-de-France (Paris area), but snow doesn’t settle inside the city. Well, it will starting tomorrow! And that’s exceptional for Paris. So no, it’s worse here.

In any case, if you look at the picture… It will be beautiful! And I will stay home this weekend… Mediterranean-Uruguayan people can’t take this weather for 3 months… And for your information, I’m counting my days until April!


1 comment:

  1. hey!
    Cà fait plus d'un moins maintenant!!
    ;-)
    Dina

    ReplyDelete